In this episode, we implement the first possible enemy circling mechanic: holding the attack button to create larger and larger preset rings that do variable damage to enemies depending on their size and color. Credit goes to viewer Pandabitz for the suggestion as one way to keep the gameplay moving while still having a strategic circling mechanic. There is definitely potential to it, and, even if we end up modifying it or going with a different system, it would make a great schmup mechanic if enemies were color-coded to work with it. Also, thank you Pandabitz for the 3D mockups and viewer noob247365 for the view turning example!
Tasks Worked on This Episode:
- Generate an Expanding Circle
- Vary the Circle Color Depending on the Size
- Make the Size Change the Amount of Damage Done
- Releasing Input Triggers the Damage Calculation
- Enemies Have Hit Points and Can Be Destroyed