It’s June 4th, which means Blue Tengu is just a month away from the July 4th Independence Day launch, the perfect time to kick off our independent game development show.
The few days that remain are going to be packed with the Blue Tengu crew rushing to get things ready,but we hope we can put something together that will entertain and maybe inspire a few budding game designers.
The Blue Tengu crew will get their proper introductions then, but for now, meet Steve, one of the strange denizens joining Eric on his journey to make a game.
In the spirit of the open development style we’re pursuing, we’ll give a run down of the things we have left to do:
- Intro & Closing Video (Blender, Lightworks or Avidemux, whichever ends up doing the job)
- Intermission assets (RPG Maker for placement & scripting, Photoshop for png design of characters & BG)
- A little more work on the site to link everything in (WordPress)
- Early Greetings Video (again Blender, Lightworks or Avidemux, whichever ends up doing the job)
- More music for the main show and for the intermission (LMMS)
- Test Run (a sneak peek of the show to test the Twitch.tv <> Youtube <> bluetengu.com interface)
- Opening the store for business (over at Spreadshirt)
- Spreading the word to a few people
That will probably do it (and do us in), from there it’ll be making it up as we go along, which is the best way to have fun anyway, right Steve?